2019-2020 PTO Position Descriptions
The President shall: TWO year term starting in July 2019- June 2021
- Ensure the PTO mission is carried out throughout the school year.
- Plan and preside at all meetings of the Organization.
- Coordinate and support the work of the Executive Board and the Leadership Team.
- Establish all meeting dates and times for the year with the Principal.
- Provide updates and calendar items for the monthly PTO newsletter.
- Manage the election during even numbered years.
- Promote communication with and support of staff and teachers throughout the school year.
The Vice President shall: ONE year term starting in July 2019- June 2020
- Perform the duties of the President in his/her absence.
- Assist the President in all duties.
- Support the work of the Executive Board and the Leadership Team.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President.
- Manage the election during odd number years
The Treasurer shall: ONE year term starting in July 2019- June 2020
- Ensure the finances of the PTO and act as custodian of all funds raised by the Organization.
- Prepare an annual budget for approval by the Executive Board and the Organization.
- Prepare financial reports and present at each Organization meeting.
- Prepare an end-of year financial report to be presented at the final Organization meeting of the school year.
- Maintain accurate accounts of income and expenditures.
- Write all checks, pay all bills and make any other approved disbursements.
- Aid in counting and making deposits of monies received after fundraising activities and other events.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation with Assistant Treasurer.
- File required annual Federal Tax documents and Charitable Solicitations Act documents with State of Colorado.
- Submit financials at the end of each semester to the Principal for submittal to the district.
The Secretary shall: ONE year term starting in July 2019- June 2020
- Print and distribute agendas for all PTO meetings.
- Keep minutes of all meetings. Ensure the minutes of all meetings are documented, distributed, and maintained.
- File and maintain all records including the By-Laws.
- Coordinate with the President to distribute a monthly PTO newsletter.
- Ensure that reminders for all meetings are distributed.
The Fundraising Chair shall: ONE year term starting in July 2019- June 2020
- Coordinate all fundraising events of the Organization.
- Gather fundraising ideas and present to the Executive Board for feedback and approval.
- Ensure monetary and in-kind donations are raised in support of the PTO planned activities and budget requirements.
- Coordinate all fundraising materials for distribution, including but not limited to, flyers and brochures.
- Oversee Box Tops, Dine-Out, and Grocery Store Card Coordinator
- Assist Treasurer in counting and documenting monies raised for each event.
- Set up and oversee committees as necessary.