The Color is Coming!
Register your student today
Group ID: 150409
Fundraiser: Aug. 30th – Sept. 16th
STEM Color-In-Motion Event
Oct. 4th – 5:30p-7:30p
STEM Lab PTO is pleased to present our Color-In-Motion Sponsorship event. As our students raise donations in person and through their websites, STEM PTO has many opportunities for community businesses to be involved. We are looking for businesses to advertise on our event and student websites, supply water and even provide fun give-aways at our After Blast Party. Sponsorships will also fund, water stations, comfort tents, games and fun!
For More information and to become a sponsor, please contact Monica von Hoff, PTO fundraising Chair or call (817) 271-5113.
**STEM Lab School PTO is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, and all donations and sponsorships are 100% tax deductible.**
Start the 2019-2020 school year by joining us August 12, 2019 from 4:30-6:30 for Back-to-School Night. Learn the layout of the school, meet your child’s teachers and check out the classrooms!. Don’t forget to stop by the PTO table – Sign up to stay up-to-date on everything that is happening around STEM Lab and our Lynx community.
The STEM Lab PTO takes our relationship with parents and staff very seriously. Do you have a question for PTO?
- What is PTO doing with the money they raise?
- Can anyone view the bank statements?
- Are my donations being put to good use?
- Can anyone make recomendations?
We want to answer all your questions. STEM PTO is excited to announce our new Questions, Comments, Concerns & Compliments page on our website. Submissions will be sent to both the PTO board and Mrs. Julie Yamasaki, office manager at STEM Lab. All ideas are welcome and comments & concerns are kept confidential. Let us know your thoughts, we’d love to hear from you.
The mission of the STEM Lab Parent Teacher Organization is to build and support the STEM Lab community of Students, Teachers, Parents and Families, Staff and Business Partners through fundraising and community events to develop and enhance the education of STEM Lab students.
In addition, the organization offers a number of opportunities for parents to support the efforts of the organization including: fundraising, The District School Improvement Team (DSIT), volunteering, and community events. The STEM PTO meets bi-monthly during the school year.
The PTO operates on an annual budget, which is approved by a PTO membership vote. All members of the STEM Lab PTO, attending the monthly PTO meetings, have voting privileges. The money used to sponsor PTO activities is raised through PTO annual fundraising events.
Inspiring Achievement Through Rigorous, Innovative, And Authentic Experiences.
STEM provides problem-based learning for our students. STEM students have opportunities to be problem solvers, risk takers, critical thinkers and innovators by taking positions on real world problems. By working through a combination of learning strategies they discover the nature of a problem, understand the variables involved and gain a perspective viewpoint of those affected. Students also participate in a number of unique field experiences every year and many industry partners/experts work side-by-side our students.
Characteristics Of A STEM Student
STEM students are observant, persistent, curious about how things work, risk takers, problem solvers and questioners! He or she may:
- Like to read and write about nonfiction topics; such as nature, earth sciences, technology, social studies, etc.
- Like to design, create, and build things.
- Like to communicate through designing, diagramming, drawing, discussing and writing.
- Like to work with friends to accomplish difficult goals, team sports, First Lego League, Destination Imagination, ropes courses, and other games that require 3 or more people.
- Like searching for “why” themselves when questions arise about how things work or interact.
- Have an affinity towards animals.
- Be Interested in the who, how, and why of sciences.
- Construct items from everyday objects like; tape, paper, rubber bands, paper clips, cotton ball, cardboard, etc.